Emergency Water Shutdown
Last Sunday night (Jan. 10) many of us experienced an unplanned water shutdown. This was due to a backup of water from a kitchen "stack" pipe (down pipe) which was brought on by a buildup of grease and other kitchen solids. The backup occurred between the 2nd and 3rd floors and caused extensive damage to Toombs and a unit above.
To prevent further leaks, the board asks for everyone's cooperation: please don't throw kitchen grease or other kitchen solids down the sink or toilet. As the building's water damage deductible is now at $100,000, the funds to repair this damage come from our reserve or other funds, and surprise expenses like this one necessitate raising condo fees, which are also reflected in tenant rents.
Many thanks for your cooperation and understanding, and wishing you all a (much) better year than last!